Technical Sales Engineer
Do you have a passion for the Food Science and Agricultural sector? Crowley Engineering have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Sales Engineer to join a company that offers genuine progression.
The successful candidate will be based in our Cork office but will travel extensively as part of the role.
Competitive basic salary, and a company vehicle!
About the role
Technical Sales Engineer will provide clients with sales advice and support. He/She will work on behalf of a Technical range of products that Crowley Engineering has to offer the Animal Nutrition manufacturers within your territory both in the ROI and rest of the world. You will provide technical knowledge to identify new business, negotiate contracts and review sales performance.
This will be achieved by adopting the company’s philosophy of achieving technical sales based upon building long term relationships with its customers. This will necessitate a patient but committed approach. A consultative mindset is essential to ensure you develop sales based upon customer needs, best practice, credible advice, and excellent product performance.
Key to your success will be your ability to build strong relationships in your territory and ensure that they buy in to the company’s philosophy.
Your duties will involve:
- To take ownership for and maximise the sales of Animal Feed Production, Recycling, Biomass, and Pharma Systems within the geographical area assigned.
- Analyse and interpret weekly, monthly and annual sales performance and take appropriate steps to meet budget targets
- To maintain existing customer base and identify and target potential customers.
- To be responsible for new business development in the market sector in the territory of operations.
- To monitor and report competitor activity to Sales Manager.
- To maintain a strong field sales track record environment.
- Creating quotations, telesales and cold calling when not on the road
- Prepare Drawings to suit various projects.
- Understand the issues in animal nutrition including production of same and provide appropriate solutions.
- Attend trade shows and Nutrition Science events when required.
- Chase and follow through on order processing internally.
- Flexibility is essential as additional duties are required.
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the Engineering sector have acknowledge of AutoCAD design and drawings.
- Natural rapport builder at all levels.
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service.
- Must be proactive, motivated and a self-starter.
- Have the Interpersonal and negotiation skills employed to target and influence potential new customers through cold calling.
- Have the ability to demonstrate self-motivation and to work on your own initiative to achieve targets.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and min. 3-5 years’ experience of Technical sales in the nutrition industry together with excellent sales skills.
- Full clean driving license.
Role specific (technical) knowledge / skills:
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
Please send CV and cover letter to Kennethlong@crowley.ie